These are really yummy and very filling. Can be used as an appetizer, or a main course for a vegetarian meal.
- 1 540 ml/19oz can lentils, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 large cloves garlic, minced fine
- ½ small or ⅓ large red bell pepper, chopped fine
- ½ small or ⅓ large yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped fine
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin
- salt and lots of fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- extra-virgin olive oil
Mix all ingredients except flour thoroughly. Add flour and mix well. Cover bottom of non-stick frying pan with generous amount of olive oil and heat over medium heat.
To form patties, place heaped tablespoon of mixture on the flat side of a wooden spoon or spatula, press down, and slide into frying pan. Fry until well-browned on one side and patty holds together when turned over. Turn over and fry until browned on other side. Serve warm.